Wednesday 10 April 2013

PINK HAIR, DON'T CARE.



I really like colouring my hair, it's a surefire way to instant happiness for me.
I love updating and changing the way I look, and changing the colour of my hair is the easiest way to do that (and it's way more safer than getting tattoos or piercings are permanent). I'm such a spontaneous and creative person, and have a dangerous personality trait which means I get bored very quickly.
Sometimes I feel that these aspects of my personality are supressed whilst being at university (I'm going to be a fully qualified healthcare professional after graduating from university in the next few months, which will mean I'll have to look 'professional', or boring), so sometimes I feel like I wanna do something crazy and totally rebel against what I 'should' behave or look like.

So then I dyed my hair pink. Of course it's not totally pink, just the ends, which is a little bit safer if you're not sure about dying your whole head a crazy colour. I was a blonde ombre before this for a few weeks (see first picture), but I decided that it was a bit too 'normal' for me. If you're naturally dark like me, you definitely need to bleach your hair like I did before applying any colour like this, otherwise you'll only get a tint of colour.

I used La Colour Riche in 'Tulip', which is a bright fuschia pink. It's a semi-permanent dye, which is great if you're spontaneous like me and like to change your hair every couple of weeks (!!). I bought the dye on eBay from this seller, at £2.59, which is a great price for a quick pick-me-up!.

The dye is super easy to use, just wash your hair with shampoo, towel dry, apply dye to damp hair and wait around 15 minutes. And voila! Although beware, because this stuff stains EVERYTHING. I turned the bathroom and some parts of my bedroom bright pink. Woopsie.

Because it's semi-permanent, your hair will fade. I've been pink for just over two weeks and the pink is slowly fading away. I would invest in some dry shampoo and would recommend not to wash your hair every day, as the colour will fade really fast! Always have a pot of the dye so you can reapply whenever you feel your hair needs to be touched up.

So if you're considering going for a bright colour, do it! I dare ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment