Tuesday 15 January 2013

Medik8 Titanium Dermaroller: A First Glance.


I did it. I have been lusting over Medik8's 'Titanium Dermaroller' for what feels like a year (and mentioning it in a couple of wishlists), and I finally pushed the boat out and purchased one.
What actually did it was an article by Dr Sam Bunting (my skincare guru and the only person I will look to for advice), 'The Secret to Bare-Faced Chic or ‘Bien Dans Sa Peau’', where she mentioned Dermarollers in a positive light, and then I just had to get hold of one.

This is more of a 'first-impressions' post, but will be doing a proper review in a couple of months, once I get enough use out of it.

For those who don't know what one of these scary-looking instruments is, here we go. Dermarollers are basically mini paint-rollers, which tiny needles attached. You roll the dermaroller over a area of skin, and the reaction of the skin is that "this stimulation causes the skin underneath, to use your own collagen to fill and soften wrinkles and scars. It has similar results to Laser Treatment, Chemical Peels and Dermabrasion, but it is considerably less invasive, zero downtime and carries only a fraction of the cost" (quote taken from Dermacare here) It is used to reduce acne scarring (including indented ones), wrinkles, lines, cellulite, stretch marks, even out pigmentation and enhance absorption of skincare products.
Personally, I was interested in evening out my pigmentation, reducing my acne scars and reducing some fine lines that have appeared on my forehead! I am still using a retinoid to prevent any further breakouts, so I was also interested to see how I would get on using both the retinoid and the dermaroller together!

I bought mine from I bought my dermaroller from dermacaredirect.co.uk, which is a Medik8 official stockist. They also do a great little bundle which includes both the dermaroller (whatever size) and the Sterilizing Solution (a must-have!) for only £54, which I thought was a great price, considering the Dermaroller by itself costs £50 and the Sterilizing solution is £12 everywhere else I've looked!

I have used this twice so far - not going to say anything yet apart from OUCH!!! - and I'm really keen so see if this improves my skin texture at all!

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment