Thursday 3 January 2013

La Roche Posay 'Effaclar Mat'.



La Roche Posay always get it right when it comes to simple, yet effective skincare. And this product is no exception, it has quickly become a staple and a favourite within my skincare routine!

"Neutralise persistent shine right at the source with the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat sebo-regulating moisturiser. With daily use, Effaclar Mat helps to slow sebum production and prevent shine on the skin’s surface. Updated formula now contains Sebulyse. Oil-free texture enriched with absorbent micro-spheres and perlite."

The 'Effaclar Mat' product is a matte daily moisturiser for those with oily skin and enlarged pores. It also claims to help regulate sebum production in the skin, which in turn helps to refine pores. I do have an oily skin which is prone to imperfections, and my pores are normally very large, so this seemed like the perfect product for me! I also wanted a hydrating moisturiser which was light and matte enough so I could use it underneath an suncream, so hence 'Effaclar Mat' went in my basket and I bought it!

The consistency is that of a gel rather than a cream, and it glides on so smoothly, and when it sinks in, my skin looks matte but yet feels incredibly soft and moisturised. It doesn't leave a nasty residue or a heavy feeling upon the skin. This makes it great underneath a primer, or even on it's own it acts as a great make-up base, keeping your make-up really matte and keeping it in place all day!
It does lack an SPF, but I find that it is brilliant base for under suncream. I don't experience any balling up of the product at all, like I have experienced before with some products under suncream. I do find that suncream by itself isn't particularly moisturising or hydrating to the skin, and I do need a moisturiser underneath, especially in winter, and this product fits the bill perfectly!
You can also use this product overnight, which might be a good idea if you really struggle with the oiliness of your skin, but for me, my skin isn't oily enough to warrant overnight use, day-time use is enough for me!
I have read some reviews on the tinterweb which say that it can be quite drying and dehydrating on those who have normal/dryer skin types, so it is probably a moisturiser which strictly stays in the sweaty mitts of the oiler members of society.

I have noticed an reduction in pore size since I started using this product, which is something I'm very pleased about, since the size of my pores are the bane of my existance! I have not had very many spots since using this prouct, I get the odd one or two...or three but nothing like what I am used to. Plus I'm not even on my oral medication anymore, so this product must be having some sort of impact! I do find that my skin isn't as oily as it used to be before I started using the product, so I do find that the claims are ringing true!

The packaging is a little irritating in my opinion. Until you get near to the end of the product, then it's all problem free, but when you're trying to use the last quarter of the bottle, then this is when you'll be screaming whilst squeezing the bottle in your fist.
The presentation of the packaging is very simple, and practical. It's plastic which is great for travelling and shoving in your bag. I like the packaging by LRP, it's all about the product and there is no gimmicky packaging.

You can get it from Boot's at £13.50, which in my opinion is quite expensive for 40ml of product. I will repurchase because I do really like this product and it's become quite the essential in my routine (I use it almost every day!), but I will groan about having to spend £13.50 every time!

Ingredients: AQUA / WATER, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, ISOCETYL STEARATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, SILICA, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, COCAMIDE MEA, SARCOSINE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ISOHEXADECANE, PERLITE, CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID, TETRASODIUM EDTA, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 80, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SALICYLIC ACID, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment